In an emergency situation the Police, Ambulance and Fire & Rescue Services should be contacted by making a 999 call. There are parts of the Affric Kintail Way where mobile phone signals are either poor or non existent. In this situation if an emergency arises try to attract the attention of other route users or make your way to the nearest public road or dwellimg to raise the alarm. Highlanders are known for their hospitality towards visitors and willingness to help those in need of help.
In non-emergency situations Police Scotland can be contacted by calling 101 from both land lines and mobile phones. The system automatically works out the callers location and routes the call accordingly.
The following is a list of the nearest Accident & Emergency Units and Doctor's Surgeries - doctors visit Cannich on Tuesday and Thursday of each week and hold surgeries in the Nurse's House (sadly no longer a resident nurse) in the village main street.
- Raigmore Hospital A&E, OLd Perth Road, Inverness, Telephone 01463 704000
- Broadford Hospitard A&E, High Road, Broadford, Skye, Telephone 01471 822491
- Drumnadrochit Medical Practice, Balmacaan Road, Drumnadrochit, Telephone 01456 450577
- Croyard Medical Practice, Croyard Road, Beauly, Telephone 01463 782794
- Aird Medical Practice, Ferry Road, Beauly, Telephone 01463 782214
- Kyle Medical Practice, Lochalsh Health Centre, Station Road, Kyle of Lochalsh, Telephone 01599 534257
- Conanvet, High Street, Ardlair, Conon Bridge, Dingwall IV7 8AZ Telephone 01349 861203
- Keith H Hedley Farrier Ltd The Forge, Invershin, IV274ET Telephone 01549 421234 / 07774418852 (emergency)
Public toilets are located:
- Drumnadrochit TIC
- Cannich Village Hall (Easter - October)
- Dog Falls Car Park (Easter - October)
- River Affric Car Park (Easter - October)
Deisel and petrol are available at:
- West End Garage Drumnadrochit
- Lewsiton Garage Drumnadrochit